St. Therese Guild wishes to welcome the women of the parish and invite them to the Guild’s monthly gatherings from September through May. These gatherings have food, fun, games, good times, prizes and prayer.
In September 2015 St. Therese Guild begins its 68 th year of involvement in Little Flower Parish promoting and supporting numerous projects and events.
The Guild Mission is to assist in a spiritual and material way any parish, church, deanery or diocesan activity that may be recommended by the Pastor and Guild President. It also establishes closer relations among the women of the parish for the benefit of the parish.
All women of the parish are automatically members of St. Therese Guild. Dues are not mandatory. However, in an effort to assist in a material way to meet the needs of the parish community a small annual fee of $5 a year is requested. Of course, larger donations are appreciated.
During the month of September St. Therese Guild conducts an Annual Bakeless Bake Sale as a fundraiser.
Each fall the St. Therese Guild participates in the Pecan Sale. Pecans are sold at Guild Meetings, after Church on Sundays, at the Men’s Club October Pancake and Sausage Breakfast and at the Little Flower PTC Craft Bazaar in November.
St. Therese Guild sponsors a Craft Booth at the Annual PTC Craft Bazaar. This is a great opportunity to share creative crafting talents with the community by contributing hand-crafted items to the booth for sale. All proceeds of both the Pecan Sale and the Craft Bazaar remain with the Guild and are used for the needs of the parish community.
Here is a list of some of the ministries St. Therese Guild participates in, events the Guild provides for, and activities members help with.
- Donations to Holy Family Food Pantry
- Provide food, supplies and volunteers for Funeral Luncheons
- Provide supplies needed and volunteers to continue Vacation Bible School
- Provide transportation for parish members to go Christmas Caroling at St. Joseph’s Home and Little Flower Parish shut-in and homebound parishioners
- Provide funds and volunteers for parish grounds improvements
- Provide an auction item and desserts for the Annual Silent Auction fundraiser for Little Flower School
- Provide volunteers to help deliver Meals on Wheels
- Provide much needed items to the Inner City Mission at Christmas
- Provide dessert at a Men’s Club meeting as a thank you for all the Men’s Club does in partnering with St. Therese Guild as they share their time, talent and treasure
- Participate in St. Therese Guild Sunday be celebrating Mass together and hosting Coffee and Doughnuts for parishioners
- Donate craft items and volunteers at the Annual School Craft Bazaar
- Represent Little Flower Parish at the DCCW Conference
- Choose a parishioner to be honored by the Bishop as our “Woman of Distinction”
- Organize the parish Angel Tree at Christmas time
- Send cards to homebound, ailing and grieving parishioners
St. Therese Guild invites your participation in this important ministry in the Little Flower Parish Community. Please join us!
More Little Flower Club Organizations